1. When your friends ask you to hangout, and you don’t feel like it, don’t go. Don’t ever do things halfway or do something that makes you uncomfortable. With everything, give all of yourself, even the pieces you never knew existed.
2. It is okay to not know. Everyone always despises the phrase, “I don’t know” but no one tells you that it is okay to not know. The becoming is more important than the being, anyways.
3. If someone ever makes you feel less, in any way, you have every right to walk away. You have every right to cut out toxic people in your life. To close the door on people who make you feel bad about who you are or what you stand for. Friends don’t tear down, they build up.
4. Loss is always going to happen. Just like paint will always chip and rain will always fall, loss will always be part of life. No matter how much I don’t like it, or avoid it, it is going to walk my way at several times in my life. Learn to embrace it and learn to get closure.
5. Give yourself a chance. Stop saying, “I don’t think I can” or “But what if I am not able to?” and give yourself a chance. This may be cliché, but try to believe in yourself. When you get older, your knees won’t work the same and you won’t have the best memory, and you are going to wish you’d given yourself a chance years sooner.
6. Fall in love. Don’t be guarded before you fall in love. You could fall in love three times and still not find the right one, but none of it is going to make “the one” matter less. Don’t fall into that idea that your first love has to be your best love. Fall in love as many times as it naturally happens.
7. Firsts are going to be messy. First loves, first kisses, first dates, first failed tests, first college class, first time you drive a car, first time you ride a plane – first times were made to be imperfect. Just because it’s messy and all over the place, doesn’t mean it can’t be good or worthwhile.
8. You want another scoop of ice-cream? Go get it. Get three more scoops of ice-cream if that is what you want. “Fat” is not the opposite of beautiful and it is not the opposite of happy. Don’t let anyone tell you that your body type isn’t beautiful. Beauty is a social construct, create your own, become your own.
9. Let yourself be alone. Loneliness is not a bad thing. It is healthy and normal. Everyone needs to spend a good portion of their life alone. We learn who we are when we are alone; life is less crowded and more clear when we are alone.
10. If you aren’t happy where you are, change it. Quit your job, move, become a vegetarian, get a new hobby, pick up an old hobby, whatever you do – make sure it benefits you. Life is too short to not be alive, to not be passionate, and overflowing.
i read this quote the other day and i thought about the people you have a crush on and all of the things you would do to make them realize you like them. it also made me think about the people you love, but don’t appreciate it.
i think this quote sounds better in spanish, i don’t know why. i usually like quotes in english, but this one is special. maybe because she was mexican, maybe because quotes in spanish are not that common, i don’t know but i really liked it and it has been on my mind for two months now and every time i think about it new thoughts come to my mind. theta’s what i love about quotes, each time i find a different meaning to them and they just keep getting better.
looking for style inspiration and delicious vegan recipes? well, this is the blog to read! i’ve been reading it for a year now and i love her style! go check it out of yourselves: a house in the hills.
last sunday was my birthday. i turned 19, that means i am closer to achieving my goals. i want to do so many things in the years ahead, but i want to make this year something special. i want to learn and do new things, i want to read more books and i want to get a tattoo, those things are at the top of my mind right now, but i want to do much more.
last year was one of the toughest ones i’ve had, if not the toughest, but i’m glad to say i learned a lot of things and experienced a few more. i think all the ups and downs made me stronger, open-minded and super sensitive.
i am grateful for what i have and i can’t wait to know what’s ahead!
this will be a great year!